Lead Service Designer: Job Opportunity at CCD
We’re looking for someone to build and grow service design at CCD. You need to bring deep experience in delivering service design projects across a range of clients and sectors. We want someone who’s developed services and seen the implementation across digital, physical and organisational design. You need to bring a good toolkit of methods and techniques and be able to demonstrate having used them on projects.
To make this happen, you need to be able to demonstrate experience and a passion for building something, bringing in new business and thinking strategically about how to get our offer to market. You’ll need to show that you can develop a robust strategy and then develop a plan to deliver it with support from our marketing team. You’ll have the ability to spot opportunities, make compelling pitches to clients and convert those into projects.
You’ll need to have strong skills in communicating verbally and visually and managing clients. We want someone well versed in storytelling, who is curious and can create valued insight to help our clients solve problems.
You’ll need to demonstrate your leadership skills in driving this area and building a team. We want someone who has made mistakes and learnt from them and can communicate those lessons.
We’re a multidisciplinary consultancy so you’ll be someone who doesn’t see boundaries between different disciplines and likes pulling diverse teams together.
Stuff we really need:
- At least 5 years’ experience in service design with any other related disciplines in your career an added bonus
- Degree qualification in service design, experience design or other behavioural/design areas
- Practical experience in using diverse range of research and design methods and tools
- Skilled in managing & delivering projects to meet the brief, budget and timescales
- Experience in spotting opportunities and winning new business
- Experience in building capability within a team, thinking strategically about how to position our offer and create a team
- Experience in looking strategically at the offer and potential markets and developing a plan to grow
Things we’d really like:
- Experience in working on implementation of services that cover digital, user experience, physical/3D design, information design and organisational design.
- Willing to travel – around 1/3 of our projects are abroad
- Experience in promoting a business and its work – writing thought leadership articles, speaking at events etc
- Good skills around facilitation, co-creation methods, ethnographic research and prototyping.
CCD are a multidisciplinary design practice based around using an understanding of human behaviour to make things work better. We have a team of graphic designers and interior designer working with human factors specialists and design researchers. We work across a range of sectors and projects and really value this diversity.
Our studio is at Second Home in Spitalfields – as a member there you will be encouraged to engage with the other creative businesses and participate the various wellbeing events and cultural programmes.
We offer a competitive, negotiable salary alongside company pension, private healthcare and a profit share bonus scheme.
We are a small team that encourages its people to be proactive and to seek new ways to do better work and grow the company. We are a social, collegiate place to work.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org