Job Alert: Senior and Principal Human Factors Consultant
Our busy Human Factors team is overflowing with projects, so we’re on the lookout for two new consultants at Senior and Principal levels.
We want someone with experience in consulting around human behaviour, who understands its value within the design process and who can contribute to CCD’s development in the coming years, as well as an internal champion who can drive your projects and fellow team members.
We work in a wide range of sectors, from transport infrastructure to healthcare, so you’ll be prepared to work in any or many of them. You’ll work alongside the CCD design team, and on project teams with clients and stakeholders.
We need you to have:
- A background (and passion!) in human behavioural sciences and design – this could be ergonomics, human factors or psychology. We’d be interested in people from other disciplines such as service design, industrial design or UX but you’d have to demonstrate your skills around the behavioural side with project examples.
- We need you to be chameleon: a transport aficionado (especially rail) and/or an expert in healthcare/medical. You should have worked in at least one of these, but both is even better.
- We see you as having somewhere in the region of 3-10 years of consultancy experience.
- You’re all about the user: understanding their why, with a good knowledge of user research and methods.
- Good core skills that you’d expect of a human factors engineer…if you are chartered, even better.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your understanding of human factors within the design process.
- Happy to be out of your box on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate understanding of the practical integration of human factors within design projects and howto communicate this to clients in a compelling way.
- An interest and understanding of bringing human factors thinking laterally into the other areas we work in, specifically wayfinding and workspace design.
- You must bring experience in consulting and be able to demonstrate good client-facing and project management skills.
- A capable networker with an eye for developing new opportunities and building relationships with clients.
- Someone who welcomes variety in the work they do. You’ll need to be prepared to work autonomously but come together in teams
Some Key Tasks include:
- Delivery of human factors & design research skills to understand users and user behaviours, including user trials and tests.
- Participating in and leading user-centred design projects.
- You need to be a human factors champion: you’ll be working on teams where you have to voice our cause and stand your ground.
- You’ll be a project whizz, with experience leading your own projects and teams.
- Get involved! We want someone who will throw themselves into being part of CCD; with the day-to-day work of the studio, fostering and sharing of ideas, and helping us develop as a team.
- Ergonomics & Human Factors consulting
- Ethnographic and design research methods
- Integration of human factors into design & engineering projects
- Application of human factors to transport and healthcare / medical technology projects
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in human factors consulting for transport/rail and/or healthcare
We’re a tight-knit team of around 20 people who like to have fun whilst being passionate about the work we do. We value team members that bring creativity and drive.
CCD prides itself on our work of integrating human factors and an understanding of behaviour into designing things, spaces and services. Our focus is on empathy with all users and ensuring that better design delivers their needs. To work at CCD, you have to hold this belief and be prepared to voice it in challenging project situations.
We work across many different sectors from transport to energy, healthcare, security, culture and sports. A good proportion of our work is overseas so we provide the opportunity for experiencing work in different cultures and practices.
No agency enquiries. If you’ve registered with an agency, you’ll need to apply directly for this one.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st.