Intern Opportunity at CCD – Design Research
CCD are looking for two passionate, creative and committed Usability and Design Research Interns to join their team for a 6-month programme.
We are a leading human behaviour and design agency. We specialise in applying the science of human factors and ergonomics to the design process. Our mission is to make things just work better.
We work in four main areas:
- Design of productive and healthy workspaces
- Designing information for wayfinding
- Designing physical spaces, information and services to deliver great experiences
- Designing human interactions with digital and physical products
We run an internal team under our Re:search, Re:think, Re:imagine brand that is staffed by interns and delivers design research for internal and client projects.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about design and usability, is curious about users and their needs, a real self-starter, to join and develop our Re: team on a 6-month internship.
You must be dedicated to improving design solutions and motivated to explore new approaches and techniques. You have a desire to challenge industry thinking and an appetite for learning. You have shown you are a strong team player, with an adaptable approach and strong communication skills. You will become part of multi-disciplinary group working on exciting and fast paced projects, who need research and preparation for internal and client requests.
- Undertaking internal design projects which will feed into our thinking, marketing and potential future client projects.
- Researching the market. You are the knowledge! Keeping us up to date on the latest innovations.
- Supporting design research elements of client projects & presenting ideas and concepts to design leads and project teams.
- Working on research-based presentations used for keynotes, in-house and client workshops.
- Willing to muck in when needed, in the office, on a site visit or at pay day drinks!
What we offer
Competitive internship salary, fresh fruit, and a chance to make a positive difference in people’s lives and do great work in London.
Our studio is at Second Home in Spitalfields – you will become a member while you are in the programme giving you access to their facilities, events and cultural programme plus a chance to mingle with start-ups and other companies at Members Drinks.
The internship is for 6 months starting around April this year. At the end of the programme, there is the potential for a permanent position depending on our recruitment needs at the time. There is also the potential to extend the intern placement for a further 6 months.
There are two positions available in the programme, so you will be working in a small team with another intern as well as with our wider design & consulting team.
Who are you?
A recent graduate in Usability, User Experience, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Service Design, Anthropology, Industrial Design, Graphic/Information Design or a related field.
The key is being interested in researching people and behaviour in the context of design.
The internship is not open to current students.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, relevant work samples, the dates you are available to work, and any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First interviews for the roles will begin w/c 19th February with an ideal start in mid-April.