CCD starting intern programme for design researchers
CCD are looking for a passionate, creative and committed Usability and Design Research Intern to join their growing team for a 6-month programme
About the company
We are a leading human behaviour and design agency. We specialise in applying the science of human factors and ergonomics to the design process.
We work in four main areas:
- Design of productive and healthy workspaces
- Designing information for wayfinding
- Designing physical spaces, information and services to deliver great experiences
- Designing human interactions with digital and physical products
We are looking for someone who is passionate about design and usability, is curious about users and their needs, a real self-starter, to join and develop a new team within CCD on an initial 6-month internship.
You are dedicated to improving design solutions and motivated to explore new approaches and techniques. You have a desire to challenge industry thinking and an appetite for learning. You have shown you are a strong team player, with an adaptable approach and strong communication skills. You will become part of multi-disciplinary group working on exciting and fast paced projects, who need research and preparation for internal and client requests.
- Undertaking internal design projects which will feed into our thinking, marketing and potential future client projects
- Researching the market. You are the knowledge! Keeping us up to date on the latest innovations
- Supporting design research elements of client projects & presenting ideas and concepts to design leads and project teams
- Working on research-based presentations used for keynotes, in-house and client workshops
- Willing to muck in when needed, in the office, on client site or at pay day drinks!
What we offer
Competitive internship salary, fresh fruit, morning pastries, a cubicle-free environment, and a chance to make a positive difference in people’s lives and do great work in London.
The internship is for 6 months. At the end of the programme, there is the potential for a permanent position depending on our recruitment needs at the time. There is also the potential to extend the intern placement for a further 6 months.
There are two positions available in the programme so you will be working in a small team with another intern.
Who are you
Current student or recent graduate in Usability, User Experience, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Service Design, Anthropology, Industrial Design, or a related field. The key is being interested in researching people in the context of design.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, relevant work samples, the dates you are available to work, and any questions you may have to: email@example.com
We intend to interview for the role around the week starting the 30th January with an ideal start on 1st March.